Life Change is Napier’s “Celebrate Recovery” group. It is a Christ-based approach to recovery from life’s hurts, hang ups and habits.
It utilises the spiritual 12 Steps (also used in AA and other anonymous groups) and 8 principles based on Jesus’ Sermon on The Mount.
The group supports and moves us from struggling with life to freedom. It is designed to help us where we are:
– seeking recovery and accountability in areas such as anger, anxiety, depression, eating issues, alcohol and drug abuse, finances, relationship, sexual impurity; or
– hurting from things done to us in the past or things we have done to others; or
– needing an outlet for pain or grief we are suffering.
The weekly programme involves dinner, teaching, story telling and men’s and women’s support groups.
The support groups are facilitated by leaders who have journeyed their own recovery. They are trained to lead and follow group guidelines that make the group a confidential and safe place to share experiences, victories and hopes.
Life Change groups will not:
- Attempt to offer any professional or clinical advice – leaders facilitate rather than counsel
- Allow its members to attempt to fix one another
Contact: Andi Plumpton ph 022 470 8214 or email@example.com
Venue & Time: Pirimai Plaza shops, past the dairy, 69 Bill Hercock St, Napier.
Wednesdays 5.45pm Dinner ($4); 6.15pm Newcomers Group.
(18 years and over)